Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Birthday Fun Run

How do normal people celebrate their birthday?  Something tells me that it's not by waking up at 5:00 a.m., strapping on a headlamp, and logging 10.37 (I miscalculated my route -old age!) miles.  Well, we all know I can't claim normalcy...
Doesn't this photo scream, "out of my mind thrilled for my birthday?"  Or, maybe more like just, "out of my mind."
Of course, normal people also don't eat a giant piece of homemade cake at 9:00 a.m.  And if that's not reason enough to avoid being normal, I don't know what is.

Here's to the wisdom that comes with the years.  I have to say, that's been the best thing about getting older, realizing that life is short and meant to be enjoyed.  It's getting comfortable in your own skin and giving up that idea of perfection.   In the end, no one is going to ask you, "Did you avoid all sugar?  Were you skinny?"  No, the question in the end is going to be, "Did you liveWere you happy?"
This is my birthday wish for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment