Monday, March 20, 2017

Rugly

Y'all.  This is my actual, no-posing, couldn't smile if I'd tried, face after attempting a 10 mile run in the 84 degree weather.  It was hot, I mean really, really hot.  And it was plain ol' rugly.

No filter here.  It was really that bad.

I say attempting because I didn't make it.  I ended up only running 9.1 miles and walking the rest.  Not exactly the confidence boosting run I was hoping for only two weeks out from my next half marathon.  But, I had to consider my safety and health and towards the end, the only option was to walk.  I literally thought I was hallucinating bunnies in trees.  Luckily though, that one turned out to be real.


What can I say?  Ugly runs just happen.  You never know when they will strike (although, checking the weather probably would have clued me in on this one).  Ugly runs are part of running.  They are even part of training.  As crazy as it sounds, this horrible, hot, failed long run will actually help me out in the long run.  Even though I couldn't finish the planned run, I am still stronger for having tried it.  That's the thing about each and every run we set out on, no matter how they turn out, we turn out for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment