Friday, July 26, 2013

R-U-N-NYC!

Last week I went to visit my soul sister, Courtney in NYC.  I miss my friend terribly. But, if there is one city she had to move away from me to, I am glad it was New York City. We had an amazing time. And I even got in a couple awesome runs. The thing about running is, you really can do it anywhere. And the thing about New York City is there is always something to see when you run. 

Sunday, I strapped on my shoes (it really is about time for me to get some new shoes, but these feel like my friends by now). I ran down by the river and under the Manhattan Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge. Talk about putting man into perspective, you can't help but feel tiny running under those bridges. 
I've got to work on my running selfies. But another man made wonder behind me. 

Monday, I convinced Courtney to join me for a run. I can't say enough about all of the wonderful running partners in my life and how grateful I am to have them running, in this case literally, with me. Courtney, on the other hand, maybe didn't love it so much...
 
But we got to see the city from a new perspective and got to catch up while we sweated it out (not sure if you've heard, but it's been hot in NYC). 


Running in different cities is so much fun. It is a way to really see and experience where you are like a local. Even if that sometimes mean you encounter a couple weird smells along the way. I mean it is still New York City after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment