Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Much Appreciated

I just wanted to take a minute or two to tell you how much I appreciate all of you.  I don't hear from you as often as I'd like, but when I do, it always puts a smile on my face.  I want you to know that I know how lucky I am to receive such awesome feedback from you guys.
 
Recently, I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in a while and the very first thing she said when she saw me was, "Oh, I read your blog all of the time and I love it."  I'm sure this was just an offhand, meant-nothing, remark to her, but let me tell you, it made my day.  Well, maybe it made my week because I'm sitting here writing about it all these days later.  It was just so nice and thoughtful of her to tell me that she enjoys something I do.  It's not always easy hitting publish on these posts.  It can be terrifying putting yourself out there, even in the smallest of ways, for the world to read.  Sometimes I put in details of my life that would be safer not to share.  Sometimes I say dumb things.  Sometimes (okay, most times) I misspell words and have horrible sentence structure (we won't even get into my comma issues).  Sometimes, I wonder if anyone thinks anything I say on here has any value at all.  For those reasons, and plenty more, what I put into writing here for the whole world to see often leaves me feeling pretty open and vulnerable.
 
And that's where your amazingness comes in.  I have never received anything but kindness and support for the things I have shared here.  Okay, there was one little comment in the beginning, but it wasn't even mean-spirited.  It was just not the nicest.  If that's the worst I ever get for sharing on here, a not-the-nicest comment, well I am just about the luckiest blogger out there.  Heck, I am just about the luckiest girl out there.  I say it all of the time, but I truly don't know what I've done to deserve the kindness I've received from those around me.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I've done nothing to deserve it and somehow just lucked into it.  Because of that sneaking suspicion, I do everything I can to never take for granted all of the support I've received from all of you. 
 
I write this blog for you.  I write it in the hopes that maybe just one post I write will have some positive impact on just one of you.  But, the reality is, you've probably done more for me that I'll ever do for you.  For that I am so thankful. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment