Sunday, April 6, 2014

Guess What I Did

Guess what I did yesterday.....
I slept in!!

That's right. I slept in on a Saturday!  No pre-dawn long run for me. Not even an at dawn run. I slept until well after the sun came up and even when I did wake up, I walked out into the kitchen, got my pre-run breakfast together and got back into bed to eat it. It wasn't until near noon that I took off for my quick, laid back six miler. 

That's right people, it's taper time. Time to cut back on the mileage, trust my training (or lack thereof), and let my body heal. 

(Seriously, I googled "taper" and this popped up).

I can't believe I'm actually tapering for this race. I've barely even trained for it. 5 weeks of rushed, undisciplined training has me feeling guilty about taking the break before the run. I was actually considering skipping the taper portion of training. Right up until I ran my hand over my shin the other day and felt some pretty significant pain. Hello, body. When you speak, I listen. Sounds like you're telling me you want a break. Okay, a break we will take. 


Here is the thing, I know I can run 13.1 miles and I know that a few days of not running isn't going to change that fact. I will miss running for the next week, but I will be rewarded with a fun, exciting, soul strengthening race.  A week from now, I will be ready to run!

But for now, I think it's time for a nap...



No comments:

Post a Comment