Thursday, April 10, 2014

Rebel Running and an Art Trail

I am a rebel runner.
Taper, what? Taper, who?  Not me. I laced up and set out running today. What can I say? I'm a rebel and a rule breaker, you know, a runner. 

On today's art run, I was reminded of a few things that can happen on the long run:

1. Sometimes your legs are heavy and your dogs start barking.

2. And you feel like you could take a nose dive right into the ground. 


3.  You have to listen to your body. If your body needs it, you just need to take a break, sit back and relax. 



4.  But, then you have a choice: to stay seated OAR to get up, dust yourself off, and get back out there on the trail where you belong. 


5.  Never give up, even when you have a sinking feeling. A little prayer will get you through. 


6. Enjoy yourself. This is a long run. Take the time to stop and smell the flowers along the way!

 

Houston- I love you. You make this runner girl smile. 












No comments:

Post a Comment