Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Little Too Comfortable.

This morning when I jumped off the Cybex Arc Trainer (my go-to morning cardio machine) and took a look at my set-up, which actually included several more items than pictured, I realized that I'm likely getting way too comfortable here. 


Some days I consider going to one of the other cardio machines (you might be able to tell from the picture, but almost all of the cardio machines are open - it's usually me and about 6 other people there early in the morning), but then I find myself saddling up to the ol' Cybex. What can I say?  Habits are hard to break and I am a creature of habit. 
 

But, old habits aren't where it's at. The real change comes when you change things up. Sure, sticking with the usual fitness routine is okay and will help you maintain, but where is the fun in that?  The fun comes from challenging yourself and trying new things.  Of course, by fun what I really mean is pain.  But, haven't you ever heard the phrase, "no pain, no gain?"  Running always gives me the feeling of being truly challenged.  Not running has left me stuck in a cardio rut.  I know I'm not really pushing myself and I now know it's time to make a change.  It's not easy to challenge yourself at the gym at 5:00 a.m., but "easy" and "workout" really aren't supposed to be used in the same sentence.
 
Now,could someone please call me before dawn tomorrow and remind me of this??

No comments:

Post a Comment