Friday, May 2, 2014

Happy First Birthday!!

Happy first birthday to me!! 

Today marks the first birthday of this blog. Exactly one year ago, I made my first entry and declared to the world that despite all appearances, "I am a runner."

Writing that first blog wasn't easy. Deciding to take that small step forward out of anonymity was scary and intimidating. Putting myself out there to be judged by strangers was something I wasn't exactly thrilled to do. But more than the fear, I felt a calling to put it all out there. After each long run, I would be tugged with the thought that I should share what I was learning. I tried to shake it for a long time, but the more I avoided it, the more it ate at me, until I finally caved and started writing. 

When I started, I made a commitment that I would continue my jogging and blogging for a least one year and then re-evaluate. In the last year, I've logged a lot of miles and learned a lot of lessons. I've enjoyed sharing these lessons, and a lot of totally random, pretty useless information too. I am proud of what I have done over the last year and I've decided to keep at it. I haven't had a ton of feedback on this blog, but I have had a number of people tell me that this blog inspired them to try to go for a run, register for a 5k, or even tackle their first half marathon.  The joy that this has brought be is indescribable. 

I hope I can continue reaching out and inspiring people with this blog. At this milestone, I've decided to really take a look at the blog and see if there are any improvements to what/how I write. Do you have any suggestions?  Formatting ideas?  Content you would like me to add?  Things you wish I would or wouldn't do?  Let me know what you think. Yes, this is my blog and I would like to stay true to my original calling, but I also write it for you and I would love your feedback (I think?). 

Oh-- and this is pretty cool: recently I was chosen as an IDEA inspired blogger. I'm so excited to be included in this list of awesome ladies (and gentlemen) who are  doing such great work. http://www.ideafit.com/inspired-bloggers

Now let's party!!  
I've been loving birthday cakes forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment