Thursday, May 15, 2014

Baby Steps

The blur makes it look like I was really moving....looks can be deceiving.
In the name of changing it up, I've decided to start my baby steps journey back into running. After having taken essentially a full month off from the long run, due to pain and exhaustion, I think it's very important that my re-entry into running begin with a few baby steps. 



And it was just a very few!!  From 13.1 miles to 1.23 in just a month. Wait, isn't that backwards from how it's normally supposed to go?

I'm determined to get back out on my long runs.  I'm determined to once again find the clarity and peace that come from pushing myself out on the trail, but this time, with no races that I "have " to train for, I'm determined to do it slowly and safely, giving my body some more time to adjust and then excel. 

The good news is that this is a very long run we are all on and there is plenty of time for starts and stops along the way. As long as the starts outnumber the stops, then we are moving in the right direction. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment