Sunday, August 17, 2014

I Have a Blog About Running, But....

Here is the honest truth:  I have a blog about running (loosely), but I don't want to run. I really, really don't want to run. This is why:


It's hot here. VERY HOT!  I know I've written about running in the heat and humidity before, but I just can't find the motivation to get out there. This morning I sat for a very long time reading motivational running quotes trying to get myself excited to get out there. It never worked. There was only thing that actually got me out there in that "feels like 95" degree weather, and that one thing was you.



You were the only reason I kept going, even though that voice in my head was SCREAMING at me to stop and call husband for a ride home (well, you and the knowledge that my husband was sound asleep and wouldn't hear my call). And, I was pretty annoyed at you the whole time. I didn't want to run before I started and once I was into it, all I wanted to do was quit. And once it was over, all I wanted to do was collapse on the floor in a ball of sweat. But no, you wouldn't let me.

Here is my dilemma: I write this blog that really requires me to run, but I don't feel like running. Do I stop writing?  Do I stop running?  I can't really imagine doing either of those. How can I quit when I've spent over a year telling you not to quit?  How can I say the long run is feeling too hard for me when I've done nothing but assure you that, no matter what, you can get through the long run?  I guess I can't. 

So here is the deal, I think I'm really going to need you guys for a while. I need you to continue being my motivation while I can't find any of my own. I need your help to keep me running. It may not be pretty. Okay, it won't be pretty at all. But together, maybe we can get through. 


        (Told you it wouldn't be pretty)

 


1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! Sorry you're having a tough time right now. July/August seem to have been low mo-jo sloggy months for many runners, especially those in warmer climes. I lived in Clear Lake for a while - Houston summers, ugh! Hang in there. Some days just getting yourself to do anything is the biggest win.

    ReplyDelete