Saturday, August 23, 2014

It May Not Buy Happiness, but...

I know they say money can't buy happiness, but I'm here to tell you, it can help buy motivation.  Motivation in the form of a bunch of new running shorts, that is.

I've been pretty honest about my lack of motivation lately, and I thought what better way to force myself back on the road than to give myself something to look forward to. Let's face it ladies, we are suckers for new clothes. We will do  anything as long as we can show off our cute new clothes doing it. Heck, if they made stylish, flattering floor scrubbing clothes, I'd probably be on my hands and knees cleaning the kitchen a lot more often (you know, ever).

 
I've decided, if I'm going to push myself to get out there and back running in the Houston heat, I'm going to have to dress the part. 
 
I wrote before here about how I'm pretty much a running tights girl, but I think it's time to cave to the heat and get accustomed to running in shorts.  And what better way to do it than with some cute new shorts?!
 
Here is the lesson:  Sometimes you lose your motivation and finding it again can be really hard and it might take all kinds of tricks to get you back out there, but never underestimate the power of going out there and buying a little ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment