Saturday, August 2, 2014

Rocky's Got Nothing

Rocky doesn't have sh$t on me!  Forget the Philadelphia Museum of Art, I ran the steps of the Wall of Avignon, France this morning. 




And if French people didn't already think that we Americans were uncouth, I absolutely would have thrown my hands up Rocky style at the top. But instead, I'm just posting this blog....



***This run was done in Avignon, France.  The stairs climb the city wall.  Avignon is entirely surrounded by a city wall, which is one of the things that make this town so visually stunning. 






I am sad to report that while running France, I only received one runner's wave and, while I couldn't understand what he was saying, I discerned that he was homeless and pretty crazy.  I think it's just a cultural thing, but the runner's wave was not big in France.  It's not that people are rude, far from it, everyone was wonderful in France, it's just that they keep to themselves a little more.  Which, can make the run feel a little lonely, but when you are running to these views, there is no complaining!

However, some things are the same no matter where you run:





No comments:

Post a Comment