Saturday, November 16, 2013

Happy Birthday BMHTX

Bar Method Houston is turning one year old!  

I could not be happier about the success of Bar Method Houston. In full disclosure, the owner is one of my great friends. It has been awesome sharing the Bar Method journey with her. Rachel and I actually trained together for my first marathon. She really got me through those long runs that I never would have made on my own. During those long runs we often talked about her dream of opening The Bar Method in Houston and now that dream is a reality. I love Bar Method and there isn't a doubt in my mind that it has made me a better, stronger, faster runner. The only thing I regret about marathon training (well aside from the no wine thing), is the time it takes from Bar Method. But, I still make sure not to drop below three times a week to keep my legs strong and flexible. If you have a Bar Method in your area, I would definitely recommend giving it a try. You can learn what all the shaking and tucking is about for yourself!

This is Rachel and I before my first marathon. I always thought she was about my speed because if our long runs together. Right up until she smoked me on the race and ran a sub four hour marathon. She rocks!


No comments:

Post a Comment