Thursday, November 21, 2013

Virtual Racing

I did my first virtual race this morning.  It was a 5k to benefit volunteers providing aid in the Philippines.  And you know what?  Turns out virtual racing is exactly the same as actual racing!  I registered, printed my bib, and off I ran.  The only difference was that there were no water stations and no giant blow up finish signs at the end.  There were also no competitors passing me, which made "racing" a little hard.  But, it was fun knowing that there were people all over the country (world?) running the same race for the same cause as me. 

 
 
I have talked before about how, in the face of tragedy, I find comfort in running.  The Philippines disaster is so huge and so devastating that knowing where to start to help can be overwhelming.  I love that runners always find a way to come together and do good by lacing up our shoes and doing exactly what we know, running.  Well done runners, well done.
 

The Hope 4 Philippines 5k goes through Sunday, November 4, 2013.  If you are interested in doing this virtual race, a link to registration is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Hope4Philippines5k
 




No comments:

Post a Comment