Tuesday, December 3, 2013

If I Never Have To Write Another One of These - PLEASE READ


Meet my friend Matt.  Matt was one of my roommates right out of college; that is, we have been friends longer than I’d care to admit. 

Matt is the life of a party--always ready with a warm smile and a “Dude!”  Matt’s laugh is so contagious that you can be on the other side of the room, hear Matt laugh, and the next thing you know, you’re cracking up, too.  Matt is married to one of the sweetest girls I know, and they are parents to a wonderful little boy.  They are a family of joy and compassion and I am lucky to know them. 
What I'm trying to say is that I love Matt and his family.  What I haven't said yet is that earlier this year Matt was diagnosed with lupus.  Lupus is a disease that Matt has been all too familiar with for too long.  The picture above is Matt running the 2010 Houston Marathon to raise money for Lupus in honor of his own mother, who was battling the disease at that time.
If I never had to write another testimony like this, I would be the happiest runner you know.  It would mean that all of my loved ones are safe and healthy and I could run for the pure joy (I use that term loosely) of running.  But until that day, I run to relieve the helplessness I feel when a loved one is diagnosed with a disease I cannot fix. 
On January 19, I will run all 26.2 miles of the Houston Marathon to raise money to fight lupus.  I will run for Matt and I will run for all of the people who are bravely fighting diseases that I cannot cure.  I will run because it is the one thing that I can do to make a difference.
Please, help me in my “run to raise” by clicking on the link below and making a donation on my fundraising page to the Lupus Foundation of America, Texas Gulf Coast Chapter.

http://www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com/Donate/PersonalPage.cfm?MID=11542&CRID=36&CID=446

Just click on “Click Here to Sponsor Me.”

If this link doesn't work, please let me know
 

No comments:

Post a Comment