Saturday, December 7, 2013

Long Run Randomness 6 and a Running Buddy

You will never believe what was lying in our path this morning.  Seriously, directly in our path.  At 6.5 miles in, we almost tripped over them.
 
Can you believe it?!?  It was as if someone knew.  Really, did one of y'all leave these for me?  Don't worry, I didn't pick them up and take them home.  Mostly because I was running with someone this morning and I had a feeling picking up Ramen Noodle off the sidewalk in the middle of the city would be frowned upon.  But, don't think it didn't cross my mind.
 
A little more on running with someone this morning:  As you know, I'm pretty much a solo runner.  I like to set out at my own time, own trail, and own pace.  Let me tell you something about being a solo runner.  It can be really boring and kind of isolating.  I've actually been in a bit of a runner's funk this last week or so.  The running hasn't been any more difficult that usual. It's just that I've been bogged down by the "have to" of it all.  I think I'll write more on that later.  But for now, suffice it to say, it was the perfect week to be asked to go on a run with a friend.  In stepped Sue.  She is a coach with me at Girls On The Run and she is a real and experienced runner.  We only had 13 miles to run today (only?!?!  Crazy how perspective changes during training) and thank goodness because it was 35 degrees when we started and probably only 36 degrees when we finished.  It was so nice to have someone to chit chat and share the run with.  I'm pretty sure I talked Sue's ear off (this must be what happens when a runner is deprived of company for 15 weeks straight).  We talked about some pretty deep stuff going on in our lives.  We probably talked more than either of us had intended, but I believe it's good to put it all out there and then hopefully, leave it a little of it on the trail.  Anyway, it was nice to just run for running and not to worry about pace or the route or the distance.  It was nice to just run.
 
 
We came across this today.  Maybe not your typical Christmas decorations, but it made me laugh.
 
 
I went to the Justin Timberlake concert two days ago.  And yes, it's true.  YOU CAN'T STOP THE BOOGIE.
 
 
  *****edited to add that last night an awesome girlfriend of mine have me a surprise gift. 
Look out long runs, post run meals just got a whole lot more exciting!

1 comment: