Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Last Run and I Have Really Good Friends

This morning I completed my very last training run. As the saying goes, "That's All Folks!"

People keep asking me if I'm ready. As of today, I am as ready as I'm going to get. Apart from a little time on the elliptical, a Bar Method class or two, and some serious foam rolling, all physical preparation is over. I'm feeling good. I'm feeling ready. It's funny, I feel like someone should write the five stages of marathon preparation, kind of like they do the stages of grief. We are still five days out and I feel like I've run the gamut of emotions (fear, regret, dread, optimism). But as of now, and for now, I'm feeling good. I'm feeling ready. I'm feeling excited. 

Also, I only hope for you that you have amazing friends like I do. 'Cause mine really are fabulous. I got this super sweet post-race care package from my soul sister, Courtney, in New York. 
And, you know it's going to be hard for me to wait until Sunday to break into that Ramen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment