Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Not So Encouraging

Well, this isn't exactly the most encouraging of news:
 
 
I keep telling myself not to worry, the weather in Texas changes ever hour  (or is that just Houston??).  Unfortunately, this forecast hasn't changed in days.  It's looking like it's going to be a wet half marathon in College Station for me.
 
I don't mind too much that it is going to rain while I run.  What I mind is that it might be raining while I wait to run.  That is the absolute worst!  I can't stand just standing in the corral waiting to run as rain pours down on my head.  It's not natural.  What's natural, when the sky opens up on you, is to try to get the hell out of the weather and find a nice, warm, dry spot where you can wait it out.  That, or at least pop an umbrella out over you. 
 
Time to turn this negative thinking around.  They say never to stress about things that you have no control over (you remember that I'm trying to work on my stress levels, right?).  And, the weather is certainly one of those things that I have absolutely no control over.  It is what it is.  I will run on Sunday come rain or shine.  But, if whoever does control the weather is asking, my vote is for shine.
 
 


**What's your favorite rain/run gear?  If it's raining, even a little, I throw on my trusty visor.  It keeps the water off of my face and out of my eyes.  I'm iffy on rain jackets.  I have a great running rain jacket, but I always get hot and sticky in the rain, so I usually skip it if I'm actually going to be running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment