Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Happy Hour

This Friday's Happy Hour came around pretty early.  As in, 7:30 a.m. early.  And it wasn't all that happy, at least not until it was over.  But, it was an hour. 


I don't know about all this, but I do believe the more you tell yourself something, the more you'll believe it.
An hour of running.  That's probably the longest run I've done in several months.  Isn't that crazy?  An hour of running used to be nothing to me.  I used to think of it as the perfect daily workout.  Now it's my weekly long run.  How did that happen?!?  Oh yeah, summer hit and I retreated indoors to short treadmill workouts.  Guess I'm paying the price for that now.
 
There seems to be a theme going on with this blog lately and the theme is, "that run was hard and hot!"  The theme continues today.  Today's hour long run was hard and hot.  But, I am glad I did it.  It feels nice to start moving up again in distance.  And what I mean by, "feels nice," is it feels nice emotionally because physically, it really feels kinda crappy while it's happening. 
 
On the bright side, my weekly long run is already done and in the books, which means I am free to enjoy my second Friday Happy Hour of the day....
 
 
  
 

Me after an hour long run.  I never did find Channing at the end.  Big disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment