Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Addicted to Shots

Y'all, I have a confession to make. My name is Jessica, and I am an addict. I have a serious addiction. I just can't quit my ShotBloks. 


This is what my car looks like on the regular (two empty Shot Blok energy chew packages) and I don't even think this picture was taken on a run day. Don't tell my husband (who thinks I've at least moderately been sticking to our joint diet plan), but I've taken to eating these things like candy.  So, I figured it was time to dedicate a post to my little gummy addictions. 

My addiction started innocently enough. I got started on the ShotBloks while training for my first full marathon. You see, you have to fuel consistently throughout your long runs (it's recommended you fuel as you go if you are running more than an hour (some say 75 minutes)) and running gu ever did the trick for me. In fact, I kind of hated every gu I ever tried. But then those pushers at the local running store introduced me to ShotBloks and it all spiraled from there. I started as just a recreational ShotBlok user. Only chewing them for long runs. But then it progressed to packing them for my short runs too, then I would eat a couple on the morning before non-run workouts. And now, I think I've finally hit rock bottom, grabbing one or two every time I pass by the kitchen cabinet. Here is the deal though, it's an addiction I'm not in a hurry to break. 



No comments:

Post a Comment