Friday, October 18, 2013

Preparation

This weekend I will face my first double digit run since January.  I hate to admit it, but I'm a little nervous.  What was I thinking signing up for 26.2 miles?!?  I mean, that's not just a double digit, that's getting to the double digits, multiplying by two and then adding a 10k!  Needless to say, this upcoming run has been on my mind all week and I've been trying to figure out how to approach it.  But today I remembered a lesson I learned and wrote about back in 2012:
 
"I really psyched myself out for this run. I was super intimidated before I even started. In order to finish, I really had to rely on my training. I kept repeating, "Every mile you've ever run up to this mile has prepared you to run the next." And every mile kept coming and going and I finished in a decent time. So, please remember, life is constant training for what's to come. You can overcome anything you face because you have already overcome so much!! Every mile up to this mile has prepared you to run the next."
 
So, there it is.  Time to do as I say and as I do.  Time to trust in my preparation, trust in my training, and trust in myself.
 
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment